KDX 200 headlight bulb $35?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!

1moto1

Nov 10, 2000
I went to the Kawasaki dealer the other day for a new headlight bulb for my '01 KDX 200 and he said they were $35 from Kawasaki!!! Fortunately, he had an aftermarket bulb that looked identical for $4.00 ! Unreal!

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
Well if ever you are caught out after dark & have to make your way home in non Kawasaki approved illumination be it on your own head.

hehehe

1A

Jul 9, 2001
I rode for three years without a bulb and I thought they were $27. I looked for some alternatives but didn't come up with any. Does Kawasaki really think that bulb is worth so much. Get real!

MN KDXer

Registered
Jun 7, 1999
Parts Unlimited, Dennis Kirk, etc, should have one for about $3. At least that is the ones which I used in the 220/200.

BTW, if you think the Kawi bulbs are better, consider this- Do we really think Kawi makes their own bulbs? If so, let me tell you about some bridges for sale. ;)

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
Yeah read the bulb & quite often you will find one of the big names printed on it (like Osram or Stanley) that even differs from the aftermarket box it came out of. Depends who supplies them the cheapest.

Like really I was joking about the non approved bulbs, like using non kawasaki air in the tires.

Sage

dirtbike riding roadracer
Mar 28, 2001
I used to work at a kawasaki/john deere dealer a while back and found that john deere has the same bulb, it for a side light or somthing, for $2.50. take the bulb to a deere dealer and see if they can match it up.

maybe I'll find them and post them on my website, 3 for $29.99 free shipping!!! WHAT A DEAL!!! he-he-ha-ha :silly:

Top Bottom