Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
hi,, anyone rode a kdx 200 in denver rockies area?
I found a killer deal on one, and want to know if it will handle that area,, any input on sandy deserts? Thanks...

motochick

Mar 10, 2001
I can't vouch for the Rockies but mine work very well in the deep sandy deserts. I ride in 7000 ft. elevation with no problems. Just make sure your jetting is spot on. You can modify these bikes so much that you can build whatever type of bike you want. Top end, low end, or both. I will be taking my bikes up to Colorado very soon. Have ridden the Rainbow trail? Sounds fun.

MTRIDER

Aug 20, 2000
rockies

I have ridden in the Denver/Co area and like Moto said check your jetting I didnt swtich my first trip and over heated SERVERAL times .......I was running WAY too rich ......other then that WOT and hold on.....

Jul 22, 1999
I live in the Idaho Rockies and my KDX handles it just fine. Both in the sandy desert areas, and in the mountains themselves. The only problem I've run into is when going way up in the hills it can mess with your jetting a little bit due to the difference in elevation. Of course, that will happen on any bike. These bikes will handle just about anything wherever you take them, even in the Rockies.

Josh

Top Bottom