KDX 200 - Reed Cage and Boot questions

omrik88

Dec 5, 2009
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know the exact measurment of the Reed Cage on the KDX 200, model 1988 , c3? (just the inner part that goes into the cylinder).
I want to try and replace my Cage with a Boyesen cage from a KX 125. they both have the same sizes on the mounting brackets, but the screws on my Boot are stuck, so i cant remove it and measure yet.

* If anyone knows an exact matching alternative to an old cracked carb Boot - i would be happy to hear about it (Like other models that may fit,aftermarket,NOS).

Thanks alot for your help! :) :)

pesky nz

Sep 13, 2010
a boyesen catalogue will tell you if your year kdx/kx is the same part. You may find one online or at your local shop

omrik88

Dec 5, 2009
Thanks for your help pesky nz!

Any more opinions about the Boyesen Rad-valve compatibility with KDX 200 c3?
Do you know the RAD-11 / RAD-11A - cages? they are for the KX, but maybe they fit...

Has anyone tried using a different Carb Boot on their bike? Do you know which KDX200 model, or other models can fit on my bike?

*Another issue - on the "c" models the Neck of the carb boot is straight, and on other models usually the Neck goes right/left - Can this be a big problem, and is there a good solution to it?

Thanks again! I appreciate the help !

Top Bottom