CODirtyGirl

Jul 18, 2007
I'm looking to get a bigger bike and theres a KDX 200 up for trade for my XR and I want to see if anyone owns them on here and can give me some input :clue:

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
Tell us what year KDX and for sure whether it is a 220 or 200 and we will give you better advice, but in general they are tough, fun trail bikes, and can be raced, but not built for that. Since production has stopped, there may be some good used values around. Cheers John

ZOMBIE666

Mar 24, 2006
i had a 92, most bullet proof 2 stroke ive ever had. speed wise doesnt hold a candle to my CR but i miss it none the less.
great bike :cool:

CODirtyGirl

Jul 18, 2007
This one is a 98 and yes its definately a KX200. I will be taking her out for a test spin on Sunday to the trails. This bike wont be taken to the track, just for trails.

Jul 9, 2007
My dad had a 93 KDX, man he bought it in 2001 for 700 bucks. It was trashed by some kid who didnt know how to ride and used it only for wheelies up and down the street and hard, hard crashing when he attempted to ride it in the woods. He even rode it for a while with the pipe knocked off of it, yeah he had about 6 brain cells to his name.

Anyway, after a new pipe and some new nuts and bolts and a tranny seal, he rode it right up threw 2005 with no problems execpt for a slipping kickstart (a Kawi trait from this period). An incredibly solid bike, never fouled a plug. The supension was pretty clapped out so in some conditions it kinda bounced around and such, but not too bad.

The engine is absolutely amazing, Beautiful power for the woods. This bike was a bit modified with some porting and I believe an oversized sleeve last time it was rebuilt, well whatever they did to it, it worked. Its not far off of my dad's current 2000 KTM 200 EXC. Hell he actually liked the KDX better then the KTM, he cant get the feel of the KTM and he actually thought the KDX handled better in the nasty stuff!

The KDX 200 is the best value bike in this sport IMO, how can you go wrong?!

Dakota Kid

Jun 3, 2006
I have a totally stock KDX200 and a totally stock KDX220. Both 2002 models. These are great bikes in stock form. They would be identical to your bike except for graphics. The 200 is basically identical from 98 to 06 models. I paid roughly $2000 for each one of mine and I fell I will never loose much money on them.

They require almost nothing. I change transmission oil once or twice a year, keep the air filters clean, adjust chain tension and ride! They have great ergonomics and fit me well. I am 5'8". I have friends who are taller and like them as well. They have a nice plush suspension for trail riding but not as good if you were racing through the woods. I would totally recommend a KDX 200. There are very few bikes between the 125 - 250 class and many are made for more competitve trail riding and are a lot more expensive. There are a lot of fans of the KDX on this website and I am one of them! Pick one up and enjoy it, it is too bad Kawi quit making these!!!!!

Top Bottom