KDX 200 Stock Pipe Modification VS FMF Fatty/Rev Pipe

mlhend1

Apr 17, 2002
I made Canadian Dave's Pipe Modification (removing the silencing material and screen) and saw a GREAT Improvement in torque and overall horse power with little difference in noise. I have heard with this modification the stock pipe performs like a FMF Pipe. Has anyone tried the pipe modification mentioned and also tried a FMF Pipe. I would like to see a graph of torque/horsepower comparing the two types.

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
I have an extra pipe to play with, but have never heard of modifying the stock pipe? Do you mean silencer?

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
Stan_Flemmings the mod only works on 89 to 94 pipes.

mlhend1 I’ve used a modified pipe and used a bike with an FMF pipe. The two are very comparable with the modified pipe having a little more bottom to mid grunt imo. The 89 to 94 FMF pipe is a moto pipe intended to improve power everywhere rather than focus an improvement on the bottom-mid like a torque pipe or mid-upper like a rev pipe.

David

MassKDX

Dec 11, 2001
Stan,

He is refering to the older model KDX's. The older KDX's have a packing similar to the silencer in the pipe. The newer ones do not have this packing.

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Oh... DO I feel stupid now, or what :confused:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…