hart125

Dec 11, 2003
I have a coupe of bikes Im looking at and I was hoping you guys could help. I have a 94 kdx and I love it but I'm looking for a newer version. I have a 200 or a 220 available and power is obviously the concern. I would really like the bottom end of the 220 but I don't want to give up an ounce of HP.
will the 220 keep up with the 200 both in stock.??. anybody have dyno results of these two bikes??

Robcolo

Jan 28, 2002
Read the thread at top of the page "Important --Every KDX Rider Should Read This" by Fred T. Your answer is in there many times over.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
The type of riding you do will tend to dictate which model is best. I ride single track woods, and really like the 220. I have ridden the 200 on wide open 2 track, and it definitely flew, but 95% of my riding is single track, and that's where the 220 shines.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Originally posted by Smit-Dog
The type of riding you do will tend to dictate which model is best. I ride single track woods, and really like the 220. I have ridden the 200 on wide open 2 track, and it definitely flew, but 95% of my riding is single track, and that's where the 220 shines.

Yup !

Kevin

motorider200

Nov 11, 2002
I think it all depends on what kind of riding you do and what type of power delivery you like. My bro has a stock 220 and I have a moddified 200 (soon to be eg225). I prefer the power delivery of the 200 over the 220 because the 220 seems slugish and wont revout but the 200 does have the usuall mods (pipe, DFII, airbox, and jetting). As far as stock vs. stock I'm not really sure ride them both and see what you think.

Braahp

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2001
And if you ever want to race the 220 will get you into the 250 class which would be a major disadvantage. The 200 is faster on top end and with a few mods just as lethal on the bottom end. I prefer the 200.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Race it? Off road events are the only ones that have 200cc classes and I don't think that in any eastern off road event that hp makes a big difference. So riding the 250 class wouldn't matter. If you mean mototcrossor western off road events, well hp rules there and the 200 would be a better chooice.
But lets face it, most KDXs of any displacement are never raced.
Just my $.02

Kevin

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
re: 'But lets face it, most KDXs of any displacement are never raced.'

:think:
Does this mean the next time I don't come in first (not that it's a race or anything!), I can ask for the first place trophy (not that it's a race or anything!), cuz after all...it's not like it's a race or anything?

re: 'will the 220 keep up with the 200 both in stock?'

Nope.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Originally posted by canyncarvr
Does this mean the next time I don't come in first (not that it's a race or anything!), I can ask for the first place trophy (not that it's a race or anything!), cuz after all...it's not like it's a race or anything?

What?

Kevin

Top Bottom