Status
Not open for further replies.

babycleatus

Oct 19, 2004
I checked the specs on the 05 kdx 200 and 220 they are the same wight no hp ratings and different gearings so I was wondering how they would do in a dead sprint. I no the 220 in got more low end does this mean it has no top end? do they hadle the same thanks much

trailryder

Oct 1, 2004
I once had my KDX 200 up to 225 mph......and all I did was add more stickers to the fenders.Much better "bang" for the buck than porting IMHO...........................................................................................................................baby, you won't want a KDX,.... look for another type of bike. Guys that truly like what a KDX has to offer aren't concerned with their top speed ( unless they are street legalizing them to get to connector trails, there are other posts about that, but you already know that cause I'm sure you did a search.........) you need to get a CR 500 and regear it for desert riding.....

moridin

~SPONSOR~
Dec 30, 2003
If you really want to know - the 200 will outrun the 220, but no by much.

My semi-modded (no engine work) 200 would easily pull 75 mph on the pipe in 6th. I wouldnt rec running it that long at all. Bone stock - probably 68-70.

I rarely hit 60 on it - usually just connecting trails on big fire roads.

Jake1234

Dec 26, 2003
kdx 200 vs kdx 220

I have 92 kdx 200, souped up with a fmf pipe and silencer, some engine mods, and an aftermarket clutch. I raced an 02 kdx 220 on the road, fields and trails. on the road my bike beat the 220 in acceleration and in top speed, and actually by alot more then i thought. the 220 does have an advatange on the low power, so it helped if off the take a bit, especially in the field, but once i popped my bike into 2nd and 3rd, and pulled away. through the trails the bikes are almost equal, but i still found that my bike had the advantage, as it seemed to pull through corners better, and accelerate better through the woods. so bascially when u put an aftermarket pipe and silencer on a 200, it seems to give it some much needed speed to beat that 220!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom