BPJNT

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2001
Currently own an 02 KDX 200 and looking at changing to an 04 KX 125. The KDX has been great and bullet proof, can't say a bad thing about it other than it's outdated. But life is too short and just want to make a change. Like the KX weight and handling and will ride MX and mainly wide open trails. Will I have a lot more maintenance and reliability issues with the KX?

Thanks ;)

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I've owned both a KDX200 and a KX125. The KDX was superior in the woods, but the KX was great everyehere else. The KX125 is a great handling bike and will teach you how to extract the most out of the bike, and yourself. If the woods you ride don't have slow hills and large rocks, doubtful since you live in PA, the KX will be fine in the woods too.

Reliability, about the same but the KX will need top ends sooner, and you will use the clutch on the 125. I never used the clutch on the KDX.

ganster86cr250

Mod Ban
Dec 1, 2004
The kx is will be a much nimbler and responsive. More fun all around IMO. I always thought the KDX's were under powered. If you liked your kdx i would check out the KTM 200exc, it eats kdx's all around.

Top Bottom