KDX 200 vs XR250 fuel consumption??

rocketman1

Nov 26, 2007
Just a interesting fact: We rode the KDX & XR250 side by side for about 45miles in tough terrain on the weekend, mostly fast 1st & 2nd gear, plenty of steep hills, both bikes ran well.
Yes (by the way)the KDX blitzed the XR up the hills!! The interesting thing was though, checking the fuel back at base, the KDX was near empty of fuel, and checking the XR I could still touch the fuel only about 2"-3 down from full in the top of the tank, i guess it would have gone around the 45 mile track about another 5 times at least before getting empty.
Such a huge difference between 2 strokes and four strokes.
Dont get me wrong I love the KDX200 and would not swap it for nothing, but wow!

cruel2bu

Mar 27, 2008
You are not getting the same power output from the xr250 as the kdx200.it takes fuel to make power and when you are making power twice as fast it is going to use fuel twice as fast.It also depends on how you ride it.When my brother and I go ride when we get back I will have used about a quarter of a tank more than he did.(We ride 250 2t)We can swap bikes and when we get back I will still have used about a quarter of a tank more than he did.I like to ride it on the top of the powerband and he rides mostly in the middle.
That is just my .02 $...

Top Bottom