KDX 220 1998 rear fender options?

dwiggins

May 8, 2007
I am just getting back into my KDX220 after taking 2 years off to restore a classic car. I need to put some TLC into the bike. What rear fenders fit a KDX 220 besides stock. It's a 1998. What other parts would be an upgrade? ie What is the best kick starter ( from what year make and model), brake and clutch levers, etc. The motor is completly rebuilt including the cases and everything but the trans. It's been a great bike, i'm just at the point of getting ready to take it on a week long camping/riding trip and want to get ahead of any weak links that can ruin my trip. I'll pack all the extra parts I can, just looking to take this bike to the next level in terms of reliability. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Dale

mandark1967

Mar 12, 2007
UFO makes a stock replica replacement and there are several makers of KX style fenders. check jeff fredette offroad for just about any KDX parts you could need.

ridejunky

Dec 6, 2005
I was looking at the UFO rear on bikebandit as I cracked mine this past weekend. Its not too expensive, still has a light, and looks cooler than stock one but has no flat spot for the tool bag. Bike bandit also has the bone stock one also.

mandark1967

Mar 12, 2007
ridejunky said:
I was looking at the UFO rear on bikebandit as I cracked mine this past weekend. Its not too expensive, still has a light, and looks cooler than stock one but has no flat spot for the tool bag. Bike bandit also has the bone stock one also.

uhm...the UFO "does" have a flat spot for the tool kit. I should know because I have 2 of those fenders and both have flat spots and mounting holes for the tool kit. It's behind the seat, and in front of the tail light.

1998KDX220-20.JPG

ridejunky

Dec 6, 2005
mandark1967 said:
uhm...the UFO "does" have a flat spot for the tool kit. I should know because I have 2 of those fenders and both have flat spots and mounting holes for the tool kit. It's behind the seat, and in front of the tail light.

1998KDX220-20.JPG
Umm. They have one that has the light underneath and in back of the fender too. The one you are showing is the stock looking UFO that I was referring to. Look at Bikebandits website for clarity

Top Bottom