adam728

Aug 16, 2004
The 220 actually has less peak power than the 200 due to the smaller carb and milder porting on the 220. I would guess stock peak hp to be in the 26-28 hp range. Throwing a pipe and silencer on it and opening the airbox up will probably get it into the very low 30's, add a larger carb, porting, and higher compression, and you might get to 35-36 hp.

Green Hornet

Apr 2, 2005
motorpsycho said:
I have to agree with ADAM on this one............
I know what the manual says, but I aint believing what I'm reading. 37 hp? :rotfl:
Thats what the CO says boys. Paper & Dyno are two different animals

Sherby24501

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2004
There is an old saying "People talk power and drive torque"

Why do you want to know how much power it has ?

If your looking for bragging rights you bought the wrong bike - If you want a cost effective best bang for your buck all rounder it gets my vote - I've had mine a year and it has never let me down and if I was a better rider I might need more power.

Mine has power reeds, airbox mods, FMF Desert pipe - PC spark arrestor.

It makes a lot more noise (nice) and feels snappier - best value mod was to put a 1 tooth less sprocket on the front !

levi1864

Oct 27, 2005
Kdx Hp

Sherby24501 said:
There is an old saying "People talk power and drive torque"

Why do you want to know how much power it has ?

If your looking for bragging rights you bought the wrong bike - If you want a cost effective best bang for your buck all rounder it gets my vote - I've had mine a year and it has never let me down and if I was a better rider I might need more power.

Mine has power reeds, airbox mods, FMF Desert pipe - PC spark arrestor.

It makes a lot more noise (nice) and feels snappier - best value mod was to put a 1 tooth less sprocket on the front !

Was just curious about the HP. Love the KDX, not interested in an upgrade.

Top Bottom