KDX 225 or 240 for a tractor.

dixie

Feb 22, 2003
I have the 200 just want to make it make it More tractor like , I have the air box mod, tourqe ring, FMF woods pipe & ISDE sliencer, bosen reeds two stage, reed block spacer, & even made a sleeve on reed side for more touq, & a power now divered plate, a 11 oz fly wheel wheight , Jets are 40 pliot main 150 needle 2 from the top, twin air filter, a 11 - 47 sprockts , timing addvance just a 1/2 - 1 mm past the center marks, I love this 2-stroke, wood porting and head mod do the trick I dont ride 5-6 , just tight woods very few open places so no need for the upper gears, Would the 225 or 240 be the tickget. Your Help greatly appreached .

G. Gearloose

Pigment of ur imagination
Jul 24, 2000
I concur,.. RB. will also fix your needle, slide, etc.
Your desricption was very specific until you got to the 'needle' part ..

moridin

~SPONSOR~
Dec 30, 2003
Dixie:

You have the power already - you state that you never use 5/6 - so move them down to a useable range. Drop the stock chain guide and go with 11/50. That thing should rip your arms out if the wheel ever hooks up.

sn

dixie

Feb 22, 2003
Thanks a bunch I'll havto try or better yet ride someones with the RB mod , and yes was thinking about gearing down a little more to stay in the power range I posted early on the 94 KX front end looks like they will be mine on tue afternoon hope to have every thing in place by the 18 for the next hairscramble race, The GNCC this sunday May ride down to SC put the 12-13 back on its the only race that is wide out open they used the 4wheeler track 12 miles 1 mile of single. Done it 2 years ago its just a long drive about 4 hours. Anyway the local races here are tight some times supper tight only use 1-2-3 gears just looking for a little more pull down low to lug my way threw the tight section a little more easery, Would that auto-clutch help here for that perpose, to lug instead of slipping the clutch alot. Thank you again.

moridin

~SPONSOR~
Dec 30, 2003
Dixie:

At my last enduro there was a KDXr with an auto clutch on it - and we swapped positions a few times. I was amazed how little work he had to do. In windy single track - he left it in third - int he tighter stuff - he just left it in second. It would slip and lug without effort and seemed to work really well in the rough stuff.

I caught up with him after the race and he said he just plain loved it.

I think I have three big mods left - damper, auto clutch and a big tank. then I am done for a while.

sn

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
Dixie, Get your suspension completed first. You may be suprised that you are now able to ride faster with improved suspension. I would recommend the RB Designs Air Stryker carb, hands down. That thing rocks! Ron's head shaping at only $40 more. If finances are an issue, I would recommend the RB Design rework on your carb. Easy peasy to remove carb, wait a week, install carb and play, play, play.
I haven't done the Eric Gorr thing. But as others have pointed out, it is another way to go. It will involve pulling the barrel and all that labor on your part, so you may want to consider this when you are doing a teardown anyway.

Last edited:

89kdx200rdr

~SPONSOR~
Apr 19, 2003
after reading this thread i tried the 12/50 combo again today after adding a 10oz flywheel weight. i think i like it better now. 2,3 and 4th feel great for the woods and it doesn't spin as bad with the weight.

dixie

Feb 22, 2003
Picking up the KX front end around 7-8 tonight Have to get axle and make spacer respring and a revalue hope to get thing going soon , If this upside downer makes that much of a improvement maybe 4 &5 gears will be possible. No comments on the 240 kit, I live here in the middle of NC, Now that the race season has started I dont think I could do without my carb for a weak or two, Have to wait for either the july break or winter to set in for the RB-mod or air- striker carb, Still need to ride someones who has this done to compair, HAY ANYONE IN HERE FROM NC BE SIDES ME that has this carb mod so we can test and compare , Be at the next race in Taylorsville on the 18 of april Flat-Rock. Be side all of the other extra and add on goodies and a few home maid mods this little bike has a good hunk of change invested more like its on bank account, But I can say this it is the best little KDX around for relibiltly and has never let me down on any race or trail ride. I hope those upside- downers dont start Blowing fork seals, I hope the trade off in the long run is worth it. When the fork swap is done and a couple of races on it Ill post back with a review .

dixie

Feb 22, 2003
Thanks for the help

Yes, I forgot Thanks each and ever one of you for your replys. And remember This is Wife's PC and Users name , How do I change it so I can get lets say a little More cooler Name, I am no PC expert. So keep it simple. Or am I stuck with it no way out. I am doom. :whiner:

cicone

Sep 29, 2003
dixie said:
Yes, I forgot Thanks each and ever one of you for your replys. And remember This is Wife's PC and Users name , How do I change it so I can get lets say a little More cooler Name, I am no PC expert. So keep it simple. Or am I stuck with it no way out. I am doom. :whiner:

Uh, I wasn't going to challenge your user name---thanks for the clarification, though! :laugh:

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
dixie said:

Ah - come on - Dixie is such a cute name. :debil:

Anyway - i have the RB carb mod and the 225 from Eric Gorr (originally 200). I do have to say that this bike pulls whenever i need it to. Extremely luggable in the tight stuff but will still wind out in the open. :thumb:

Kaw4me

Feb 15, 2010
Make a 225 based off the 220 for the ultimate woods engine. Send your cylinder to Millenium Tech for an A+ job
The 240 kit had way too many negatives and wasnt worth it

Top Bottom