kdx 250 tuning helpppppppp

kdxcarl

Nov 28, 2004
carb help

i run a 42 pilot 165 main my kdx 250 smokes whie smoke all the time how many ml 2 stroke per litre should i use

kdxcarl

Nov 28, 2004
idle problem

my 91 250 runs high on idle when it is first started in the morning for about 5 mins or untill i ride it any one with any info

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
kdxcarl said:
i run a 42 pilot 165 main my kdx 250 smokes whie smoke all the time how many ml 2 stroke per litre should i use

Well this is for the US models (non injected):

Jetting: 38/158 , R1367H needle 3rd clip from top, #6 slide

The jetting is way off to say the least on a stock bike, You need new jets, needle and slide.

Rhodester

May 17, 2003
Sounds lean on the pilot. Try turning the air screw in 1/2 a turn or so and see if that helps.

BTW a cold engine will be lean until it warms up. That's why it has a choke to temporarily richen things up until it warms up and starts to operate more efficiently. A high idle (after a minute or so of running) would tend to indicate a little too lean on the pilot circuit.

kdxcarl

Nov 28, 2004
help on rings

i recently took my top end off to inspect it and on top off the piston it had black ash carbon like deposits covered on the top. and it also had the same on the head where the piston meets the spark . can anyone tell me what to do cuz im new to all this i only joined the sight today . by the way my name is carl i ride a 91 kdx 250 stock i live in england so go easyon me ha ha ha ha?????????

kdxcarl

Nov 28, 2004
thanks matt could ya also tell me the desired 2t ml per litre sorry if you guys go by diffrent readings but im english so we use diffrent terms oh by the way what is a good overall setup for my bike

kdxcarl

Nov 28, 2004
thanks rhodester what other info could ya give me on setting tuning my bike up because it is stock

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
A clean air filter
A fresh sparkplug
A properly jetted carb
Oiled cables
Fresh brake fluid
A clean silencer
A properly adjusted and oiled chain
A well greased suspension and head bearing(s)
Proper tire inflation
Check the torque on all nuts and fasteners
Fresh fluids in the suspension
Fresh coolant
New brake pads
Correct sag

smahala1286

Sep 9, 2004
the first thing you need to do is get a repair manual asap it will have almost all of the setting up info that you need and it will also have maitnience info. And if you do a search you will find that alot of your questions are already answered. Hope that helps a little, have fun with the bike.

RACINRAY

Feb 18, 2004
hi kdx carl i use motul 2 t also because it is a synthetic oil i mix it at 50 ;1 because that is what the manufacturer recamends now my bike still smokes a bit but it does not foul plugs runs great when i do a rebuild the top end looks great. hope this helps as for jet specs thats a tough 1 go to canadian daves web sight just kdx there is a lot of info there that can help you i dont even own a kdx and i have found it very useful . :cool:

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
kdxcarl said:
thanks matt could ya also tell me the desired 2t ml per litre sorry if you guys go by diffrent readings but im english so we use diffrent terms oh by the way what is a good overall setup for my bike

depends on the oil. I ran amsoil 2000 and it was 50:1

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…