vaultf600

Oct 27, 2003
hi guys i'm new to this site and wondering if you could help me out with a problem i'm having. i have got a 1981 kdx 420 (which is scary as....) and runs good but def needs a top end rebuild. where can i get a top end rebuild for this bike CHEAP and good. i could just go with the ring and piston but would like to do it all. thanks

vaultf600

Oct 27, 2003
thanks a lot i will try those options out for starters..def needs the top end gaskets too so i will look at those as well. to complicate that situation is my jug nickel plated does anyone know ?
thanks again

vaultf600

Oct 27, 2003
well i tore down the top end when i couldn't get it running and the piston is really all scored up and has a very small pin hole in the skirt because of wear. just by looks it seems to need a topend. but i did do a compression on it a while ago and it is like 90 or 100 i belive. not really sure what they are suposed to be though. i know my cr 125 runs 150psi.

vaultf600

Oct 27, 2003
i don't have the bike right here to look at it right now but i hope it isn't elctroplated. do you know if that bike is elctroplated? yeah i know you can't bore those.

Top Bottom