84sportguy

Sep 30, 2007
Hello all. I have tried to find info on this but cant. I am looking at making an axle for my kx fork conversion for my 2000 kdx 220 for 1999 kx 250 forks. I have access to a cnc mill and lathe. Is it possible for the axle with wide ends to fit through the bearings?? If anyone has done this could you please give me the dimensions. Thx Scott

84sportguy

Sep 30, 2007
I have not come across a price that I want to pay for a wheel yet. I thought that a KX axle could not be used because it would not fit the bearings?? I thought of another option of making spacers for the KDX axle where it bolts onto the KX forks. Does anyone have input on this. Thx

84sportguy

Sep 30, 2007
Why do you have one for sale? If so let me know a price. Shipping price aswell, please. I live in B.C. Also I am still looking for info on the axle.thx

know_fear

May 19, 2000
Hey there....just noticed this thread. I put a 2000 KX125 fork set on my 2000 KDX 2 years ago. I used my KDX axle by making a spacer for the right fork and a threaded "nut" that clamps in the left fork. It was easy to do and has held up well to lots of punishment. I'm in Chilliwack. Where are you?

84sportguy

Sep 30, 2007
Hey thx. I am in Kelowna. Scott Ok this might sound dumb but you mean rht side when looking at from the front to the back of the bike?

know_fear

May 19, 2000
I mean as you're sitting on it. The waterpump is on the right, chain on the left.
I'm assuming the axle set up on your '99 KX forks are the same as on my '00 forks but I'm not sure.

know_fear

May 19, 2000
It's pretty mucky right now and some of our trails are still snowed in. I hear your area is in good shape though. My brother lives in Summerland and rides there quite a bit.

84sportguy

Sep 30, 2007
Ya summerland and peachland are pretty good. But Bear creek still has snow. I am going to Bear creek on sunday, but with the cold weather we are suppose to get I hope it doesnt bring more snow. So how do you like the KX forks??

know_fear

May 19, 2000
They're a great mod. I should have done it before boosting the power output though.
I've done a lot to my bike but not all at once.This winter was a Rev-Loc auto clutch. I've only had one ride with it but it's going to be a lifesaver in the rocks and junk, we have a lot of nasty, slow trails down here. I think a hand lever for the rear brake will be required now though.

84sportguy

Sep 30, 2007
Nice. Was it expensive?? My bike I bought last yr from seattle for a good price, $1500. It has a fmf pipe, rad valve, air box cut out. I luv the power of it. Most of the riding I do is 1st to 3rd gear stuff. I also went down a tooth on the front sprocket which helped a lot

Top Bottom