HandsomeRob

Jul 3, 2007
I looking to replace my clutch with an aftermarket. Does anyone have any recommendations? I use my clutch alot and ride mostly in tight trails/woods. I am also thinking about upgrading to a hydraulic clutch. Has anyone done this and was it worth the money?

Thanks

OldDirtKDX

~SPONSOR~
Dec 14, 2004
Clutch!

I replaced my stocker with a Hinson basket and stock plates and HD springs (Barnett). I've put 2 years of play and race hours on it and no problems. I "grenaded" the stock basket racing in the desert and found that Hinson sold all their baskets to Jeff a FRP. Got one and it's bulletproof!
The only challenge is mounting the drive gear to the basket.

JustForeFun

Sep 14, 2004
Hey thanks for the information.

I will check out Hinson for a new clutch basket for my 03 KDX200. I just replaced the plates and springs and then put it back together. I didn't know that those deep notches around the basket were not suppose to be there. It did not work as is.

So, after I get this new clutch basket - does anyone know how to remove (and then replace) the big gear attached to it? I'ld guess you can take a punch and remove it? But how would you then re-attach the gear back to the new basket?

jason33

Oct 21, 2006
they should give you new bolts with the new basket-
to remove- use a small grinder- or a dremmel-
be sure to locktight them in there-

Top Bottom