longerdeeper

Apr 11, 2006
I have been patching up my 1999 KDX220 crankcases for some time now, after the typical 220 piston break down. I have got a good surface contact between the cases but several cracks keep appearing, I have tried to fill with epoxy allunimium filler etc etc which improves things for a few months but it is now getting frustrating.
It is time for me to do something proper about it; like scrap the thing or fix it up and sell it quick, - both options I'm not keen on because I still quite like it.

So has anybody know of any crankcases lying around, I believe any from '95 to '07 200 or 220 are all the same?

Or has anybody got contacts on where I could buy new or second hand?
Any help would be appreciated!!!!!!!! :nod:

Backslayer

Go Big or Go Home
~SPONSOR~
May 27, 2007
Hey I looked on fleabay and seen nothing but you should check out service honda they got kawi parts now and they got to be the cheapest youll find , I had to buy the left side crankcase for my cr 125 and it was only 166, as aposed to 265 from the honda shop good luck

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
Try Jeff Fed. He might have a whole lower end that is cheaper than new cases. He might also make you some other constructive suggestion. Check around! John

longerdeeper

Apr 11, 2006
Thanks Guys!
Jeff F got back to me quick smart with $250 for reconditioned second hand cases with exchange.
I had found the Babbits site
Thanks for the heads up w.r.t service Honda and mrcycles.

I guess I need to decided how much to spend on it. I should get the Barrel replated. I had a couple of KX80 Barrels done recently at U.S Chrome and was happy with the result and service.
Thanks again for the help!
regards
Chris

Top Bottom