Knobbyjake

~SPONSOR~
Jan 29, 2000
Hey guys and gals, want to dress up your Dell, hop up your H/P, chill out your Compaq, max out your Mac, or even glitz up your Gateway for free? Then you'll want to click on the link below for a cool desktop image made up for me by fellow DRNer mxpress. This image is guaranteed to add power, improve handling and enhance your self esteem. Impress your family, friends and co-workers without working up a sweat. ( I think the caffeine is kicking in!), LOL!  Anyway, thanks again mxpress :thumb:

http://www.racerresume.com/docs/kdx_desktop.jpg

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
2003 Loose Moose enduro, Marquette Michigan (in da U.P., eh?).

I hate it when (yet another) stuck KTM gets in the way... ;)

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Hey 'Dog,

Did you stop and pressure wash you bike and Change gear before you came around the corner for the pic?  Where's the mud?  There's not even mud on the pipe.

Also, when you whited out the number on the plate, why did you leave the Z?  (speaking of Z, how many people were on your row?  26? :) )

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Timr, Timr, Timr....

Where's the love, fellow KDX bro?

Although it doesn't look like it, this hillclimb was very early in the race. At this point I had not fallen yet. You should have seen me at the first gas! The comment from the pit crew then was "Wow - where'd you hit all the mud? When Lafferty came in he was clean..." :think:

And the reason my gear is so clean... it's all about picking the right lines! :)

I did not white out or touch up the photo in any way (other than resizing). I had "266 Z" from an earlier HS in the season, but the enduro row number was just a square white piece of paper covering the "266" part. The marker used on it was very light.

And there were 4 on my row at the start... and that's the last I saw of them!

That was my first enduro... did not finish... houred out at the last check... :(

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Just had to yank your chain a little...:)

You pic is now on my desktop, so I really do like it.  Don't feel bad, I houred out of my first enduro too.  In fact, I went about 10 yards and fast planted in the first turn in front of a bunch of spectators.   Nerves will do that to a 15-year old kid.  :thumb:

Maybe I'll be able to make it up to MI for a race or ride this year.  We'll see.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Originally posted by Smit-Dog
2003 Loose Moose enduro, Marquette Michigan (in da U.P., eh?).

I hate it when (yet another) stuck KTM gets in the way... ;)

C'mon now Billy. Tell all the greenies what color bike you have been shopping for your next ride. Don't be 'dissin your new crotch rocket company! :| You know you want one bad!

He he, gotta watch out for me now that I'm hanging out in the "Green Room" again since I got my kid a KDX.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Originally posted by Fred T
C'mon now Billy. Tell all the greenies what color bike you have been shopping for your next ride. Don't be 'dissin your new crotch rocket company! :| You know you want one bad!
... And watch me get passed by a KDX next season anyway!

motorpsycho

Jun 8, 2003
Great story/pic Dog!!!!!!!! As one Michigander to another, you ever ride the CCC Tomahawk Trail ride in the spring? Great event, great ride!
Later

Knobbyjake

~SPONSOR~
Jan 29, 2000
So Dog, it's true? You're leaving the mean green to join the punkin  patrol? Say it ain't so! What could drive a man to such an act of desperation? :scream:  If it's true I don't know if you can be trusted on this forum again! :think:  If you give us your reasoning clearly and concisely we may let you still hang around, otherwise move slowly away from the chalupa, I mean keyboard. :laugh:

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
I haven't decided for sure what the next bike will be yet, other than it will probably be either blue, red, yellow, or orange...

And for the full Loose Moose ride report...

-> Loose Moose Ride Report

Last edited:

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
I don't know about that photo....There's not even any mud on the front tire and looking back down the hill you just climbed, that would be some feat. I suspect you just wheeleed the course up to this point.
Nice photo though and it is also my new wallpaper.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
The photographer is Tom Buchkoe. He was the event photographer, and took probably over 1,000 shots of approximately 240 riders over a 2-day period (Mini Moose and Loose Moose). Ask him if he retouched the photo. I didn't.

E-Mail: tbuchkoe@chartermi.net
Web Site: www.buchkoe.com

I have many talents; Photoshop is not one of them.

Last edited:

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
Just kidding with you Smit-dog. I don't really doubt the photo was real. I dinked with it a little with my photo editor and added a beam of sunlight shining down from heaven onto the KDX.

Last edited:

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Cool! How about a link... show off your photo editing skills. I could've used a little divine intervention in that race!

Imathorp

Dec 29, 2003
I agree my first reaction was the pic was doctored! but who cares it loks great. I have a dumb question! what does "houred out" mean? can someone explain that to me?

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
"Houred out" means that you are 60 minutes late at a check point.

I am a big noob when it comes to enduros, so I'm sure someone else here can give a couple paragraph explanation of the all the details involved with houring out. To me it means that you are so slow, that the people at the checkpoint aren't going to wait for your sorry ass any longer! :)

http://www.iera22.com/enduro/enduro_description.php

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Originally posted by Smit-Dog
"Houred out" means that you are 60 minutes late at a check point.

I am a big noob when it comes to enduros, so I'm sure someone else here can give a couple paragraph explanation of the all the details involved with houring out. To me it means that you are so slow, that the people at the checkpoint aren't going to wait for your sorry ass any longer! :) 

Actually Smit, your explanation is spot on.  A checkpoint shuts down 61 minutes after the last rider is due.  That doesn't mean that there will be no one there, or that they won't mark your card, but officially, you result will not be scored after that point on the course.  If you are on a late row, and you are really late, you may get to check and find it completely empty.  At that point, you should just head for the truck.

Top Bottom