dansavage

Jul 14, 2008
Does anyone know off hand the internal diameter of the gas/fuel line on the KDX's. Mine is an 02 (I'm sure they are all the same). I am thinking 3.5-4mm?

Thanks

reepicheep

Apr 3, 2009
FWIW, after having a hard time finding some replacement fuel line, I stumbled across some clear "fuel line" meant for lawnmowers at either an auto parts store or a home store (sorry forget which, but I snapped it up when I saw it).

It's on my kids KX-60 now. It needs a zip tie to stay sealed, but works great so long as you keep one on there. And it's clear, which is nice. So if the line is a $20 Kawasaki part, fine some lawn mower fuel line. I am pretty sure the KX-60 has the same size petcock nipples that my KDX has.

That being said, one of the three KDX's I was floundering around trying to re-jet has this wonderfully soft and flexible line. No idea if it is original or was added by a previous owner, but it's really nice stuff. Unless that's the same stuff that was all hard and cracked on my 95 KDX, and the difference was just that new is nice.

Don't use silicone vacuum line stuff. I thought, being silicone, that it would work well and tried it on an old KLR. It was hard as a rock after a few months... but all I could find locally was cheap "import tuner" silicone lines... so I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't really all silicone.

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
I've been getting Tygon at Auto Zone.
Clear, flexible, 3 sizes.
One of those decisions that I'm happy I made.

SS109

Jul 27, 2009
BTW, I bought mine at Cycle Gear. It is a see-thru blue color and has worked well.

If someone can't find any local, let me know as I have plenty and I'll send you a piece.

dansavage

Jul 14, 2008
I got some 1/4 inch ID gas line from Home Depot, and some 3/16 inch ID gas line from Autozone. One of these guys will work, I think. The stuff I am using now is a piece of line that I got from the local ace hardware, used on weed eaters and chain saws. Good at first then it hardens and causes problems if you ever want to pull the end from the carb and drain old gas out. Thanks for the feedback.

Top Bottom