KDX Handlebars

striven82

Aug 13, 2008
I would like to replace the handlebars on my 98 KDX200. What bars will fit on my bike? Dennis Kirk doesn't have anything for me it seems.

Thanks for the help!

destructo

Feb 24, 2006
Any 7/8 inch bars will fit, usually taller bars are much nicer for trails I think, I use the Sunline AV-1 antivibration KX tall bars, better leverage, means easier turning.

SVandal

Jul 18, 2007
Go narrow if you do a lot of woods riding or wide if you aren't worried about trees. You can fit ProTaper bars in the stock clamps with a set of spacer/risers that cost about 40.00. Otherwise, any 7/8 bar should fit. The only other measurement is how far apart the handlebar clamps are relative to the width of the mounting area of the bar. This is more of a streetbike issue than dirtbike, but it doesn't hurt to check.

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
First, turn the mounts around to open up the cockpit. You can buy high rise mounts if you want a lot of height. I just use MSR Dominator Mini Hi Rise Bars. Just the right width for woods and at least as tall as any stock bars. Also the price is right, about $35 from Rock Mtn last time I looked. John

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…