KDX is the King of Comfort

JCW

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2003
I rode my son's Gas Gas 125 MC last weekend and the bike is really nice. Unfortunately, after riding the KDX on a few 100+ mile AMA rides last summer, I have become spoiled. I forgot how comfortable KDXs are. As soon as I sat on the Gas Gas seat I knew I was in for trouble. It felt like a treated 4x4 post that had been cut down to a 2x2. I was afraid I was going to get splinters before the ride was over.

Needless to say, there will be Kawasaki seat foam on this Gas Gas very soon. With that in mind, go hug your old KDX and remind it how much you appreciate it! You just can't beat a green bike!

JCW

KnoxKDX

Jan 29, 2003
Some would say you're spending too much time on the seat and not enough on the pegs, but I'm all for the seat foam! What's up with bike makers these days? Why do they think that hard seats are a terrific selling feature? The WR's are like that also and they are true enduro bikes.

palmer69

~SPONSOR~
Jan 1, 2003
You want a hard seat, try a KTM! My buddy's EXC 200 is a ripping great bike, but man the seat is a torture device! Hard as bat sh*t and wedge shaped to boot!
I loved the KDX seat when I started riding, but now I'm noticing that it's kind of wide and restrictive when throwing the bike left and right through the tight stuff. A little more narrow may be the ticket.

JCW

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2003
You're right, it is a Cadillac. You're also right that I spend too much time on the seat. It's amazing that as you get older that seems to be the case. I am looking for softer foam for the Gas Gas. The bike is really nice, but nothing is worth that much agony.

I'm sitting sideways in this chair now and it's been 3 days.

JCW

Top Bottom