WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by TexKDX
Are you kidding about a trials tire next year?
Nope! I've been following threads on two other forums and have even played around on a trials bike up here. For rocks, roots and mud a trials tire provides excellent traction with minimal wear. So far I've been impressed with the traction an S-12 has provided up here, but the knobs were rounded after my first enduro and it's starting to chunk knobs. I know about the TL and TT styles, I'm just shopping around for the best price. Right now $125 is kind of steep.

TexKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 1999
Woods, let me see if I can help you out. I'm placing a tire order this week. Are you gonna be in Houston around the holidays???? Previously I was getting them for $140 a PAIR...

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I just got off the phone with Dale from Gas Gas USA http://www.gasgas.com , says that the IRC trials tyre is a better and cheaper option than the Michelin tyres, especially if you want to use it for trail riding, the major benefit being that is has a 4 ply sidewall versus the 2 ply of the Michelin. He even suggested that when the Pirelli knobby wears out, I should consider fitting the IRC trials tyre. The IRC's cost about $70 each !

Check out http://www.onoffroad.com/irc.html - their prices are pretty good, and they have a number of different tyres available !

Last edited:

TexKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 1999
Nothin' wrong with the IRCs, especially for your application BB. BTW, here is what my local dealer had to say when I inquired about the Pampera:

"I called Dale today, and he's already sold out of the first Pamperas. He will be getting another shipment of them in a couple of weeks. He will be importing the 280's only.
I'm not a trail/enduro type rider, so I wouldn't normally be interested in "stocking" one of them, but you're the second person to ask about them in 2 days! I guess I'll have to get one and see what it's all about. Dale says they are very nice! Of course, what else would he say. :^)
Thanks Les"

Top Bottom