KDX leaks gas on side stand what does this mean?

dirtbike59

Sponsoring Member
Oct 12, 2000
If it is coming out of the carb it sounds like you float level is too high or it is stuck open. try adjusting the level first. i had the same problem on my RMX and I just droped the level and it is fine now

GreenMan

Feb 1, 2001
If that does not fix it, then you will have to replace the float or the float valve. Both are cheap and easy. If you need more info, post a thread.:cool:

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Problem...your bike pees gas when on the side stand.

What's wrong....Nothing.

I guarantee if you have the float level set to spec (16mm, right?) your bike WILL pee when it's on the side stand unless the ground is ab-so-lute-ly level.

I changed my float level for that very reason. Well...that and I use that as a carb tuning device. I needed it just a teensey weensey bit leaner......

Of course, like the others said...maybe you DO have something wrong/stuck. But even if it's RIGHT, it will still pee!

MADisher

Grand Data Poohbah
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 30, 2000
I don't know, my bike is jetted properly and it doesn't leak on the side stand. Now when it tosses me off and lays flat it leaks but not on the side stand.

My buds 220 doesn't either.

Just another data point, check the float level.

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
canyncarvr had it right that if your float level is per spec, these things tend to dribble if not level. If I park mine on the sidestand on level ground, no gas comes out, but if the kickstand is on a downhill slope, it will leak. There seems to be a certain lean-angle after which the gas will start to dribble out.

Top Bottom