mason_xcr

Apr 20, 2005
I am working on lowering a KDX 200 for my wife and was wondering if anyone had advice on lowering the fork.

I have slid the forks up in the triple clamps but it is still about an inch tall. I have heard of lowering the fork by cutting the springs but am not sure how much to cut.

Any other ideas on making the KDX more rider friendly for gals would be greatly appreciated.

kdx220freak

Registered
Aug 23, 2005
they have a lowering kit on ****, it lowers the seat by like 2 inches i think. you just switch out the rear shock clamps with the ones he gives you and then your bike is lowered.

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
You'll need to lower the front and rear end proportionally to maintain the balance/handling of the bike. Typically this is done with a spacer in the shock to restrict the travel and tubing in the fork to limit their travel or shortening the forks internals followed by revalving. This is common practice with super moto bikes so perhaps do some web searches to get a better feel for what's involved. Any good suspension shop will be able to help you out and unless you are well versed in suspension maintenance I'd leave it to the pros. I know that MX Tech has performs this modification for others.

If you feel you are getting close now with the technique you are using and only need to lower the bike a bit more you might consider removing some material from the seat foam. Most people will use a belt sander to cut down the material and make the profile of the seat narrower.

If you search this forum using the term lower you will come up with lots of other suggestions including using different length dog bones etc as well. Lots of info there.

Hope that helps,

David

Top Bottom