KDX Performance parts

mlhend1

Apr 17, 2002
Has anyone tried the following:

1) UFO Carb Slide Stuffer(Reference #UFO)
This Ultimate Flow Optimizer (UFO) is a simple pop-in device that seals off the venturi robbing characteristics of 32mm to 44mm Mikuni carburetor slides. Improved aerodynamic air-fuel flow allow the round slide to perform like more expensive flat slide carbs. The flowrates indicate a significantly improved air velocity. A terrific performance device for the price. Where to buy for KDX 200?

2) a series of dividers placed in the carburetor to increase air velocity at different throttle positions. This increased velocity results in better fuel atomization which in turn delivers instant throttle response, improved low end through midrange horsepower and improves fuel economy.
Where to buy for KDX 200?
:clue:

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Which 200? I don't recall if you've said..and your profile doesn't say.

Of course, Mikuni's weren't used in a whole lot of kdxs....

Beware of something placed in the intake throat of a carb. Obviously, the more 'space' taken up with plates/dividers, the less space there is for what makes the engine work in the first place....air!. Yeah, the velocity may increase (That is sometimes a good thing. Notice you don't see a lot of 1200cfm of induction with ports you can stick your fist thru on small block motors at racetracks?), but note that the top-end of things will take a hit because you get less oxygen (air).

It's a matter of balancing stuff out. Less volume with more velocity isn't necessarily a good thing. Another word for that is restriction.

Those plates don't come with a splitfire plug, do they? :eek:

mlhend1

Apr 17, 2002
I own a 1994 KDX 200. oops, the Carburetor is a Keihin. The dividers slide is a Power Pack found on Dennis Kirk site.

mlhend1

Apr 17, 2002
Dennis Kirk was trying to tell me a FMF Turbine Core II for my 1994 KDX. I checked the FMF site and they said the silencer was just for 1995 and newer.

mlhend1

Apr 17, 2002
Boyensen Super Bowls

Has anyone tried the Boyensen Super Bowls? I find in very harsh conditions such as woops, jumps and very Rocky terrain my bike may hesitate. In smoother conditions my KDX 200 does just fine. :ugg:

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
You're referring to the 'Power Now' thing?

It's one of those things that just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. It's not the same premise as the RB plate BTW..which is to say it's different altogether.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…