BBB

Jul 10, 2000
Being that I am very KDX illiterate, do any of you guys/gals know if the KX series plastic will interchange with a KDX model? My son has found a '97 KDX200 and really likes it, but would like to put regular MX fenders and front numberplate on it. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
A KX number plate will fit with some modifications and Maier makes an enduro to MX fender for 95 to 01 KDXs. You can find more info. on installing a KX number plate on the JustKDX home page and check out a picture of the MX rear fender in the Project JustKDX article.

David

------------------
Let's bust big . . . I don't think so. Let's bust bark! Now you're talking!

www.justkdx.dirtrider.net

BBB

Jul 10, 2000
Thanks for the info Dave, however I have even more questions about this KDX200:

First off, I was wrong on the year, and this bike is a '96. It has an IMS oversize tank on it, and I want to put a stock tank back on. However I have not been able to find a aftermarket stocksized tank to fit a '96. And the '96 Kawasaki OEM tank is purple and very expensive.

Is there any other year (perhaps '95 or '97) where the gas tanks will interchange? We'd prefer a green OEM tank, and it would be great if another year model OEM tank would fit this '96 chassis.

(Anyone want to trade a tank for an IMS oversize?)

Again, thanks for all the info.

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
The 1995 to 2001 tanks are all the same. I'd suggest you start a new thread indicating your desire to trade an oversized tank ( likely an IMS ) for a stock green tank. If it's an IMS you'll need the rad shrouds as well. You might also want to give Fredette Racing Products a call. You might be able to work out a deal on a good used tank in exchange for yours? Count yourself lucky you don't have the purple tank ;)

David

------------------
Let's bust big . . . I don't think so. Let's bust bark! Now you're talking!

www.justkdx.dirtrider.net

BBB

Jul 10, 2000
Yes, the IMS tank has the neccessary shrouds, and Id love to just trade someone even-up. I will post something in the appropriate place now. Thanks Dave, youve been a great help.

Bobby & Crew

Top Bottom