Teal

Oct 19, 2003
whats up guys, I am gettin ready to buy a used bike, and I live in Florida. Iam not going to be racing, but would like to hit some trails and woops.etc Would a KDX be a powerful bike enough for a 23 year old adrelene junky and be able to do these things. I just dont wont to get one and wont mor power 4 months later. I was looking at the 125's but everyone telling me you cant ride them on trails. Are these people just wussies?thank guys

C

CaNaDiAn,Eh?

I've never had a problem with the power on my KDX. It will take me wherever I want to go. There are tons of people who have KDX's and absolutely love them. If you want more power than it has stock, an aftermarket pipe will really wake it up ( I've heard an FMF pipe does wonders). If you still want more power than a KDX has ( and believe me it does have quite a bit) you could always try a KTM 200-300 EXC those are awesome bikes, and have tons of power but aren't as user friendly and easy to ride as the KDX is.

Dogman5

Jun 20, 2003
Yeah, the KDX 200 stock power is still very good.

But the pipe has pretty limited power. I think I am going to go with a FMF pipe this christmas because I feel the top end on the KDX has more potential than the stock pipe is allowing it to do. You can just feel it when your topping it out, where some more power up there is needed.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Originally posted by Teal
Can you jump a little or hit whoops with a KDX? Would a KDX keep up with a Kx 125?

The real question is "Can a KX125 keep up with a KDX in the woods?" If you are talking about single track and hilly trails the answer would be "No". The KDX is fine for light jumping but becomes a handfull once out of its element.

Teal

Oct 19, 2003
So what is considered a old KDX,I dont wont to have to fix anything for a liite while, I have $2200 for a bike. Thanx for all the advice
Teal

Y2Z

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
if you are how i think you are, you want a really snappy bike? if your going to be doing some jumps and whoops, you should get a 125, they arent the best in the woods but their quick power can come in handy.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
$2,200 is plenty for a 125 or 200cc bike. Put some of that money aside to purchase some decent riding gear. You’ll want as a minimum a helmet ($125), goggles ($25), boots ($125), gloves ($25) and a chest protector ($125). That will leave you with $1,800 or so for a good clean bike. For that money you should be able to find a bike in the 1999 to 2001 model years.

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
The last major KDX upgrade was in 1996. You should be able to find a '96 or newer for $2000.

RV6 is right, get a new helmet, goggles and boots at least. If you're a bargain shopper, you can get all of them for $200.

Top Bottom