dirtryder72

Jul 24, 2002
i have a 87 kdx 200 and i would like to use some good quality tranny oil in it...the manual says to use sae 10w 30 or 10w 40 and thats what ive been using...but..i was told that using motor oil for the tranny isnt good becuase it has polymers in it....so i was wondering what weight of oil should i use and what kinds.....? brands....?

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
I've been using atf type f for a year now....no problems of any kind (99 kdx200).It's a stickey subject(using atf) but it works sweet.If your squeamish about atf, i'm using maxima mtl clutch saver, 75 wt i think it is, in my ktm....until warranty is gone.

jmutiger

Oct 10, 2001
I second the Maxima Oil, I've been using the MTL-xl stuff for over a year now, and have gotten a few friends to switch to it.. it really makes shifting feel nice. And the oil holds up really well over the long haul.

Jon!

fuzzy

~SPONSOR~
Jul 26, 2002
I don't like the thought of using a hydraulic fluid(ATF) in a lubricant application. The tons of posts from people who have run ATF in their bikes for years probably proves otherwise. I also hate dino-oil, so I run Castrol Syntec 10w40....

My 2c

Top Bottom