budpat105

Jan 31, 2010
I would like to replace the side panels on my 2002 KDX200. Where can I get these and do any of the KX side panels fit? Also what would work best for the rest of the plastic, I'm thinking of a MX rear fender and front plate. Thanks.

mudpack

Nov 13, 2008
You might also consider one all-too-obvious source of KDX200 parts; your friendly, local Kawasaki dealer.

Support your local dealership. One day you'll be glad you did.

reepicheep

Apr 3, 2009
Thats a good point. I found a dealer that helps me, so I support them where they can. Even if I am not buying OEM parts, I let them order from the big parts unlimited book so they get whatever sliver of profit is there to be had. The prices (when I take into account shipping) are about the same as the mail order places.

I wish Kawasaki wasn't so over the top in their OEM parts pricing. Some of those prices are just insane.

mudpack

Nov 13, 2008
reepicheep said:
I wish Kawasaki wasn't so over the top in their OEM parts pricing. Some of those prices are just insane.
I hear you. Their prices are in line on some items, but on many others they are so high I'm embarassed to quote the price to my customer....

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
reepicheep said:
Thats a good point. I found a dealer that helps me, so I support them where they can. Even if I am not buying OEM parts, I let them order from the big parts unlimited book so they get whatever sliver of profit is there to be had. The prices (when I take into account shipping) are about the same as the mail order places.

my guys at kens tires give me 15% off the PU book...and as far as the sliver well they accidently handed me the counter copy once so I spent some time with it before saying oh I think this is yours.

they make about 40-50% on the total order but my guys only ask for 35% and parts are ready for pick up next day 98% of the time

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
mudpack said:
You might also consider one all-too-obvious source of KDX200 parts; your friendly, local Kawasaki dealer.

Support your local dealership. One day you'll be glad you did.

Screw the local dealer. That is, unless you like paying 35% more for all your parts. Guess it depends on location though. I won't set foot back in the one dealership we have here. I think if you added up the IQ's of all the guys working in the service/parts dept you MIGHT make it into the double digits! I'd rather give my money to FRPOffroad.

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
julien_d said:
Screw the local dealer. That is, unless you like paying 35% more for all your parts. Guess it depends on location though. I won't set foot back in the one dealership we have here. I think if you added up the IQ's of all the guys working in the service/parts dept you MIGHT make it into the double digits! I'd rather give my money to FRPOffroad.

yeah :nod: If you take everything they think they know and write it down then pull out the bs and only the correct info stayed on paper it might fill up one pocket note pad sheet!

Parts counter guys I mean ...... mechaincs must know more but I would never let them work on my stuff..

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
Honestly, these guys are worthless. I do have a buddy who owns a small shop across town. I work on his computers and he gets me parts at cost. Works out quite well for me, and him too I reckon. If you can buddy up with a guy like that, it will bring you much happiness!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom