KDX Seat Cover

Barkeater420

Mar 4, 2003
I can vouch for the fact that the KX 500 seat cover works.

I put one on last week, a black full gripper from Ceet.

aussie_ab

Jan 4, 2003
I just recieved a new seat foam for my 90'KDX (ceet), with it I ordered the KX500 (88-01) gripper seat cover as well.Seeing I have never fitted a cover before, is it normal that the cover seems very short, it looks as though you have to stretch the crap out of it to cover the seat properly.....Is this the case? What are the tricks, if any, on fitment?? Can anyone help me on this............... AB

CMcCarthy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 22, 2002
Ceet takes the cake on this one. They used to have a VERY comprehensive how-to section on their website. However, somebody got the bright idea to take down their fully populated HTML-based website and prop up a Flash based one that is less than 40% complete.

At any rate, YES.. .the seat cover looks like there is no way it'll fit, but it will. It will need alot of stretching, so I'd lay it out in the sun for a couple of hours before you get ready to start. You need to stretch the "pocket" at the front of the cover over the nose of the seat, and staple it once or twice under there when its centered. Then, pull it fairly tight towards the back and staple it a couple times there. Do the same with the sides near the lowest part of the seat, and then start working your way around what's left. Use staples sparingly until you've got it looking good and you're sure you won't have to remove the cover and start over.

toalco-kdx

May 16, 2002
i have a one industries seat cover and i am trying to make the seat on my '00 kdx flatter. right now the cover fits perfect on the seat, the seams on the cover line up with the bottom edge of the seat. from the looks of it i dont think the cover will be able to shaped so the seat is flat across. how much should i be able to get the cover to stretch? do i have to buy another cover for a flatter seat?

Barkeater420

Mar 4, 2003
Here is a shot of the KX 500 full gripper on my bike. 1990 KDX 200:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/p5920ec23444ae18e1b5ba52eec32c5d3/fc6a4714.jpg

mcoker

Mar 18, 2003
Is there a seat cover that fits the '88 model KDX? My seat cover's ripped in a few places, and I can't seem to find a company, other than OEM, that makes a cover for it.

SmokinRZ

Feb 26, 2002
WARNING!!!!!!I tried a Factory Effects (SP?) cover for KX 500 and it would not work, then I got a regular Ceet 89-94 replacement cover that fit like a glove.

kmx125r

~SPONSOR~
May 23, 2000
What seat cover will fit a 1991-1994 KDX250? Mine's a 1993 but I think they're all the same...

Thanks.

aussie_ab

Jan 4, 2003
I just finished fitting my CEET cover....what a pain in the ass. You really have to strecth the hell out of it as CMcCarthy says. Instead of lying it in the sun however, I layed mine over the central heating floor outlet. That helped me get the stretch out of the material. One other really important point - make sure you have a have duty staple gun to penterate the plastic! I had to return the one I bought for a Stanley Bostitch "power crown"...model PC4000ML. The seat is awesome.......

kevinkdx

Mar 25, 2001
As far as the 91-94 KDX 250 goes i have been told my many people and seen 88-present KX500 seat covers on them. They look good and take a bit of stretching but they do fit. I have not purchased one and put it on but i plan to in the near future.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…