KDX seat covers

mnnthbx

Apr 1, 2003
I need a recommendation. I'm looking for a seat cover. I want a full black gripper. Who makes one that fits very well. I'm a detail guy, and if it's wrinkled around the edges I'll go nuts....
Thanks.

junior224466

Jun 4, 2003
I've seen some order from xtreme cycle on Ebay. They gave some pretty good feedback. I'm thinking about ordering.

outrgus

Jan 15, 2003
I just installed a black gripper seat cover from xtreme cycle and it fix very well. the fit was excellent. i have yet to ride with the new seat cover but it does seem very grippy.

farcry2

Jun 23, 2003
In process of installing a "one" technigrip seat cover, T-50 staple gun w/1/4" staples not working too well penetrating thick plastic seat base.

What have other used to secure seat cover?

kelseybrent

Sep 25, 2002
I just fit an all black gripper from xtreme on my tall seat foam and I had to hair dry and seriously pull to get the wrinkles out of the "crotch" part of the seat, but it came out okay.

Mechanical staple gun with 1/4 inch staples works, but you have to make sure you are stapleing into a flat surface on the base and put your weight behind it.

fivefour

Jan 31, 2003
I installed the xtreme seat cover. Fit and grip is super. I tried with the 1/4" staples, total pain in the wazzoo. Used 3/8" staples with an electric stapler and it went on super easy. 1/4" staple doesn't have enough grip. Make sure you have the cover nice and toasty and you won't have a problem.

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
I agree with the guts. i have one little wringkly in the crotch area that I could get out, but im too lazy to rip out all the staples again lol

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
Just put a gripper on my bike. Not all black though. You can check it out here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35593&item=2464077563
I found that by tossing it into the dryer, it got real flexable. because it is sewn along the sides where the grip meets, there are no wrinkles. Looks very cool on the bike but be forewarned, the pattern to the graphics from seat to rad shrouds won't line up for a tall seat foam setup. Still, it looks great! I will take photos this weekend and post. The reason I went this way: A full gripper is too agressive, especially with tall seat foam. I kept falling over because I couldn't reach the ground quick enough because I couldn't slide my butt! This cover is only slightly agressive and because the sides aren't grippy, I stay planted when seated straight and can touch the ground when needed. Hope this helps.

Bman007

Jan 25, 2004
Can you take a new gripper seat cover and put it on top of another seat cover? Has anyone tried?

marksharp

~SPONSOR~
Sep 29, 2002
Skipro3, I bought the same kit from E-Bay, and really like it. No problem with the install and looks great. Good price too, those kits usually retail for over $100.

KDX200Kev

Sep 22, 2003
Is there enough material for this seat cover to fit a Ceet tall seat foam?

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
I had a friend who has a sewing machine sew on a two inch wide strip of naugahide(sp?) around the sides to be sure it would fit. That made it very easy to install because I now had something to hang on to while pulling and stapling. The only part of the cover that streches is the gripper section. The sides don't streach at all. I used the CEET tall seat foam purchased from rockymountainmc.com.
There is enough material to cover the seat, but.....without the extra trim I had sewn on, it would have been tough to pull and staple. I will try and post photo tomorrow after I get back from riding. (Priorities you know)

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
O.K. I desided to see if I could figure out how to do an upload of photos while the bike seat still looks clean. Here goes:

Attachments

• DSC00721.JPG
    15.2 KB · Views: 247
  • DSC00722.JPG
    15.3 KB · Views: 236

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
Crap! It worked! You guys are so screwed. Now you will all have to deal with me and my photos. Here are two more. (This is fun, HeHe) :laugh: :eek: :laugh:

Attachments

• DSC00723.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 204
  • DSC00724.JPG
    15.3 KB · Views: 207

KDX200Kev

Sep 22, 2003
Would you send me a pic of this to my e-mail nankevmaxdon@yahoo.com. I guess I need to become a sponsor.

skipro3 said:
Crap! It worked! You guys are so screwed. Now you will all have to deal with me and my photos. Here are two more. (This is fun, HeHe) :laugh: :eek: :laugh:

farcry2

Jun 23, 2003
Just finished installing the one industries technigrip seat cover. Used an arrow electric stapler ($20 and will use around the house also) and 3/8" staples. Much better results this time. Thanks to all who contributed with input!

tall1

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 1, 2002
KnoxKDX said:
gotta be a subscriber...

No not really.... sometimes the pictures show and sometimes they don't.
:moon:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…