canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Can anyone tell me if some other green machine....like a kx125/250/500..shifter fits the 'H' kdx?

Or maybe even another brand of bike?

And if so, what years?

I want a tusk t-6061 heat treated lever with a metal tip, but they don't make one for the kdx.

Thanks!

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Yep!  I bent the shifter on my other H-model ('96) and called Fredette.  He sent me a new shifter from some year of a KX500 and said that it was much stronger.  One of the things about it was it was bent a little differently. 

Anyway...Call Jeff, he'll hook you up.

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
Tim, can you rotate the KX500 lever up? I had to file down the outer shoulder of the spline area on my original lever to rotate it back far enough to be comfortable.

Unfortunately, I bent it under the case yesterday in a hare scramble. Had no tools, and couldn't just pull it out. Finally had to lay the bike down and do a deadlift to straighten it enough to shift. Cost me about 10 minutes, and about an hour's worth of riding energy.:)

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Originally posted by 23jayhawk
Tim, can you rotate the KX500 lever up? I had to file down the outer shoulder of the spline area on my original lever to rotate it back far enough to be comfortable.

Unfortunately, I bent it under the case yesterday in a hare scramble. Had no tools, and couldn't just pull it out. Finally had to lay the bike down and do a deadlift to straighten it enough to shift. Cost me about 10 minutes, and about an hour's worth of riding energy.:)

When I installed it, I seem to remember that there were two different spline locations that worked.  One was low, and the other high. 

Funny thing.  I bent mine under the case on a stump in a HS too.  Unfortunately for me, I was unable to bend it back and had to ride out about 4 miles with only 1st gear.  Then put it on the truck and became a spectator.  Oh well.

Top Bottom