glwilliams58

Jun 7, 2005
Hello. I have a 2003 KDX220 with an FMF pipe that I would like to protect. Can anyone recommend a skid plate that would protect that pipe and come up under the engine?

Thanks.

Hoffies

Feb 26, 2007
Hyde Developments in South Africa make a very nice one that covers FMF and belly of bike. It is made of very rugged black Plastic so doesn`t dent/bend wen hit. Look at the Mokwepas thread "My new bike,2006" posted on this site. He has picture of his KDX fitted with Hyde Guards.

rhansen

Nov 18, 2007
Does anyone know if the Devol plate still comes with the waterpump guard?

I was thinking about going with the Devol plate and the Fredette pipe guard, but the Hyde plate/pipe guard combo looks awesome. Much better wraparound protection that I can see.

rogercutford

Feb 19, 2008
i took an old street sign cut it down to fit under my frame drilled and tapped bolt holes so if i want to take it off with ease. plus drilled out holes for lines to come through and drain works great. plus i have a alum. wrap fro the fatty pipe best investment and dont forget to get the works radiator guards that will save you so much money if you lay the bike over. there only $87.00 on Ebay.

Perk

~SPONSOR~
Sep 17, 2001
I have the Devol plate with waterpump guard. The plate is awesome, but the pump guard came with bad mounting hardware. The spacers provided don't match up with either the stock bolts or the one's provided. I've never smacked my waterpump too hard after 15 years of having one anyway, so I'm not too worried about afterall. But the skidplate is a musthave.

N8Strine

Feb 26, 2008
Hyded racing products look a little chinsey, and overpriced. That skid plate will hold a ton of mud in it the way it is curved up like that. Why buy a skid plat thats curved around, the kdx arleady has frame loops on it to protect it. I would just stick with an aluminum skid plate. Also who would buy guards for your swingarm thats pretty dumb looking. Seems like this company just wants to make a buck buy making tons of guards for your bike. Yea its good to have guards but i think they over did it.

Top Bottom