Kdx Suspension

KDX STEVEN

Feb 15, 2002
I NEED TO GET MY 2000 KDX SUSPENSION DONE AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT IS THE BEST WAY OF DOING IT. SHOULD I GET SOMEONE TO DO IT AND PAY LOTS OF $$$$$$ TO GET IT DONE,OR SHOULD I GET THE RACE TECH GOLD VALVE KIT AND DO IT MYSELF???????
HOW GOOD IS THE RACE TECK???IM A VERY FAST RIDER AND NEED THIS BIKE SET UP RIGHT.IM TIRED OF THE SUSPENSION HOLDING ME BACK FROM GETTING BETTER.
I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!

Tantrum

Dec 4, 2001
Did you spill coffee on your cap lock button. Cause it looks like you are YELLING EVERYTHING!

Try MXTech or Race Tech.

B.

Braahp

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2001
Get the Race Tech GV. Have Fredette set up the shim stack and install them with some new springs all yourself. Its easy like sunday morning.

Robcolo

Jan 28, 2002
Braahp ---I just got my GVs from Fredette and installed them on Sun. Morning -as you just quipped !! I haven't ridden it yet so no report is available. The threads on the base valve [6x1.0mm] are a bit tight so I chased them with a 6x1.0 die before installing the GV nut. They specify only 2 lb/ft torque. My shim stacks as delivered were screwed up so check yours before installation. Jeff had inadvertantly put 2 shims from 1 side onto the other side so I had a level 5 stiffness and a level 13 stiffness instead of both being 9s. Jeff's configuration is quite different from Race Tech's computer printout. RT recommended a level 4 High speed stack whereas Jeff configured mine at a level 9. I believe it's exactly the same as your Hi speed comp stack that you posted. Of course I didn't believe a 6 times ISDE Gold Medal winner and KDX Guru so I removed one of the top 1.5x17 shims.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…