KrunchTiMe

Jun 18, 2001
I know that Im on the kdx boards, (this is like asking someone from Denver if he likes the Seahawks!) Im sure that some of you guy's have riden the KTM 200 before or after your perchase of your loved KDX, cost aside, what do you guy's think ? There has to be a few of you out there that can give some honest imput, the ktm is a good bike, and I know the reputation of the kdx. I had a 91 before my current bikes that I have now (92 KX250,01YZ250F) the YZ is up for sale and Im going to replace it with a 200 of either bike after my leg heals. I havent had a chance to ride a 95 or newer KDX, thats why Im here !

parker

Jun 18, 2001
The latest issue of dirtbike mag has a test on these two bikes and the
KTM comes out on top by a good margin. I am looking to sell my
KDX 220 to get a 2002 CR250 for a recreational bike. I see your selling
one of your 250's. What is your experience with a 250 MX as a recreational
do-everything bike (with added flywheel weight).

Thanks,
Parker

T

Thumper-meister

I actually have both bikes, the KTM 200 and the KDX. The KDX is sprung a little soft for me (I bought it for my fiancee). To KTM will get you there a lot faster, but If I was going to race a really really long nasty enduro, I would suruvive it a lot better on the KDX.

T

Thumper-meister

That is a good point. It took me over two months to get a replacement odomotor cable from KTM (they were backordered)

KrunchTiMe

Jun 18, 2001
250's as an all round bike, they are great as long as your are willing to spend alittle money, if you dont motocross at all the suspension will need to be softened up abit and in CO if you ride in the mountains it will be way to harsh, you will feel every rock and root. The power might be to aburpt (the flywheel weight will help that out). I guess it depends where you are going to ride and your ability. I think if I was going to buy a 250 for an all round bike I would go with the KX or YZ, maybe the KTM250MXC. If you dont mind 4-strokes, the YZ250F is a good bike esp. when you ride on motocross tracks.
To bad you cant have 2 bikes, I would think that your 220 would be a great bike there in CO.

Top Bottom