KDX vs. KX linkage bearings, which are worse?

kx250kev

Jan 17, 2005
Ok, everything I'm reading about the KDX linkage bearings going bad is scaring me in two different ways.

1.) Is this really a common problem that these bearing go bad? I though these bikes were bullet proof. I'm a little worried because I want to buy a new KDX this summer.

2.) From looking over the kawasaki parts diagram, It looks like my 02 KX250 has a very similar linkage and some of the same bearings. I don't race anymore, only play ride at the MX track and I never pressure washed my 02' KX250. I'm going to tear into my linkage soon and was wondering what I'll find..same problem..???

P.s. I was planning to use LubriMatic marine corrosion control and trailer wheel bearing grease...

Last edited:

m0rie

Nov 18, 2002
Grease, Grease, Grease. For the most part people who complain about bearing problems don't grease their bikes. Or they don't do it often enough. Or jump up and down on one foot while doing it :-) Okay that last one was a joke but the rest is true enough. The only bearing that seems to be a problem no matter what you do to it is the lower shock bearing. Its junk right out of the package most of the time. Use a good high quality waterproof grease and lots of it. BelRay Marine grease seems to work good for most people.

-Maurice

kx250kev

Jan 17, 2005
BelRay Marine grease....I couldn't find it. Will the LubriMatic marine corrosion control and trailer wheel bearing grease be ok? Tore my 02 kx 250 linkage apart....it's like new yet.

Top Bottom