blackcloud

Jul 25, 2005
I have a 2000 KDX 220. Water pump seal is bad, leaking from weep hole at bottom of water pump. This is the second time in a year and a half. Am I doing something wrong? I run green antifreeze full strength. Anyone know if the seal is a weak point? Will I only get 18 months out of the new seal also? I bought the bike used in 2003 and it wasn't ridden very much before I got it. I was surprised when the first seal went out.
Thanks
blackcloud

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
You should run a 50/50 mix of antifreeze and distilled water. Straight antifreeze won't cool as good. And make sure the antifreeze is silicate free. Regular automotive antifreeze has silicates in it to keep the cooling system clean but they can chew up your seals and plastic impeller.

dante

Mar 24, 2004
I had that problem on my kx 125 and I replaced the water seal, and o-ring, the propeller and propeller shaft, the bearing, and the gasket... never had a problem after that... I bet your bearing needs to be replaced, because the extra play is causing the seal to fail...

cfspawn

Jan 19, 2006
Mine is having the same trouble. it is leaking badly out of the weep hole. i have replaced the oil seal/bearing/mechanical seal/impeller seal and o-ring. STILL WEEPING BADLY

Top Bottom