klrfreedom

Jun 5, 2008
I tried a search with no luck so...

I'm doing the top end on my '01 KDX 220, and I can't find a crows foot adapter for the cylinder nuts so I can torque them to spec. I've tried the cheapy Napa, and a Craftsman open end style and it still wont fit. Particularly for the one behind the KIPS shaft.

What brand, style, and combination of adapters do I need to finish this project. This is my first 2 stroke, top end and :bang: it has not gone well. Any help would be much appreciated.

Makeshoes

Nov 9, 2004
I have the Motion Pro Torque Wrench Adapter wrench (12mm and 14mm) that has the square hole in the middle for the torque wrench. Good Luck! :cool:

steve.emma

Oct 21, 2002
why not just buy a 14mm spanner and weld an old 3/8 socket to it near the end and use that. you may even be able to use the spanners ring end which is better than a lot of crowsfoot spanners that are sold.

klrfreedom

Jun 5, 2008
Thanks for the info Makeshoes, I found the Motion pro adapter you described. It looks like it should work, and if you've used it that's good enough for me.

Makeshoes

Nov 9, 2004
Great! It should come with instructions talking about how to position your torque wrench to keep your readings correct. Good Luck! :cool:

rompnstomp

Jun 1, 2004
What'cha need is one o dem gen-u-ine KTM beer bottle o'pners. It serves as a torque wrench extender and fits in yer fanny pack! Best of all...they usually only cost a few beers to the guy on the orange bike if he's owned more than one!

Top Bottom