IRL22

Oct 9, 2012
Hi
I just purchased a 2000 kdx200. It has a fmf burly pipe and silencer on it ( pretty sure this is the early version of the gnarly). It is much louder than i expected, and from what i've heard a stock kdx is one of the quietest you can get. To make it much quiter, could i just get the stock muffler, or would I have to get the actual stock pipe as well? Also, would i have to find the o rings, gaskets, and connectors to put these stock parts on, or could i just use the ones on the fmf right now? Thanks so much!

KDXROCKET14

Mar 22, 2012
Hello, yes that is the early version of the gnarly, real good pipe, do you know what silencer you have exactly, because i have the fmf Q and it's pretty quiet, but on the stock silencer, you can easily run the stock silencer with your burly, and all rubber peices are all inerchangable, which by keeping the burly on you dont have to change anything. Dont put the stock header on, it's super restrictive and HEAVY.But the stock silencer is quiet and not too restrictive, many run them with the gnarly and burly and have good results, so that should be a good combo for your bike.
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant/mcy/3294558737.html
im not sure where you're at, but here's the stock silencer for sale. Hope this helps
Ryan

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
The packing on your FMF silencer may be blown out and need replacing.

It can be a dirty job (especially if the bike is jetted too rich) but that should quiet it down some.

FWIW, the 'string' type packing lasts much longer than the fiberglass mats.

Top Bottom