Crazymlh

Jan 15, 2005
I have a 91 KDX200 Australian road registered version which I believe to be an "F" variant from the other posts and from what is on the rego sticker. I have a service manual for it but it only covers the "R" model which only goes as far as the headlight and tail light when it comes to the electrics. I have read posts on here that there is a supplement to the manual which covers the F model.

I am desperately seeking the information relating to this model specifically the wiring diagrams for the electrics and info on the auto lube function. My local Kawasaki dealer is just hopeless and living rural it seems impossible to to get any info about this model.

I know someone out there has the info I need just speak up...Please....Please....

ukkdxrider

Apr 26, 2006
what do you need to know about the autolube . it pumps oil into the engine through the carb ,the more revs the more oil , if you remove pipe from carb when running (only breifly ) you should see oil been pumped through it , if the oil tank has run out of oil you have to open a bleeder screw on the pump to allow air to escape , the cable operating the pump can be adjusted to give more or less oil hopr this helps ,, what electric probs do you have

Crazymlh

Jan 15, 2005
I need to check out what is happening with my wiring as my friend and I just bought the same model both the 200F registerable models but there a a couple of differences. None of my lights work if I don't have the headlight switched on. When I say none I mean nothing not the dash lights, warning lights, blinkers, stop lamp nothing not even the horn. Where all his lights work fine without having to have the headlight on. I am also missing this electrical component that sits just behind the right radiator where my friend has it. It is like a long ceramic thing with two wires coming out of it at each end. I have no problems understanding wiring diagrams but I'm not about to pull apart both of our wiring looms to make one, nor will my friend let me do that to his bike.
Our bikes are so similar that his engine number is only 2 numbers up from mine and his frame number is only 5 up from mine. It really freaked us out when we checked them. I visited my local Kawasaki dealer again today to exchange almost all the parts I purchased on the weekend as they had given me the wrong ones so my confidence in them is totally shot at getting a wiring diagram from them for my bike. Please help!!!

Brettsauto

Jul 4, 2005
I found that the service manual to be no help when I had a wiring problem with my 2000 model, as the austrailan compliance bikes seem to run a different wiring harness.
Looks like you will have to get a test light and follow the power source back to the regulator, sounds like someone has done some rewiring. A common problem is the rear brake light switch shorts out, and may have burnt out some wires. and when repaired they have connected your accessories into the head light switch out put.
Good luck

Crazymlh

Jan 15, 2005
So do you know what the white ceramic thing with two wires coming out at each end is? It sits behind the right radiator. Because this is missing would it be a reason to re wire the bike the way it is?

Brettsauto

Jul 4, 2005
no I don't, my bike dosn't have one , sounds like a resistor, but could not say with out testing it. May be his bike has been rewired to. There is a 100Ohm resister in the ignition switch, to stop you from hot wiring it. Give Small Core Rewinds 03 5278 8454 a call in Vic, they were very help full.

Rogerdodger

Jul 4, 2006
I still have the owner's manual for my KDX F1, which has a wiring diagram. There is also a page on how to adjust the oil pump, if that helps.
Contact me and I'll scan and send you copies.
Cheers

Top Bottom