KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
Hi, i have a 2003 KDX200 with a FMF Powercore II Silencer, race tech rear shock for my weight, frp fork springs for my wright, snorkel removed from airbox, and 3 1and1/4 hold drilled in the cover. I am dunning golden spectro... 12 oz to gallons (I belive 40 or 42:1 ratio) with 93 octane gas. Synthetic 80/85 weight tranny oil I believe. I use an NGK BR8ES plug with stock jetting.

My bike seem sto have a very smooth powerband. I race motocross, and was looking for more of a hit or jolt out of the bike like a mx bike or a 250. before you say to go out and buy a new bike, I cant, I have been talkign to my parents, and I am working now, and we cant afford one. so I have to make and race MX with what Ive got. I also noticed on my friends 94' KDX200, it pings more like a 250, and seems oto have a little more hit than my 03'.

If you've got any suggestions, i could use the help. thanks

beefking

~SPONSOR~
Nov 12, 2002
Get some new reeds, high tension ones for mid-top end power. If you won't be riding any trails, that is, because they kill the bottom power somewhat. Or splurge a little and get a Ram valve.
I'd say a new pipe wouldn't be out of line either, the stocker is heavy and restrictive.

If you want to spend a little more, send the top end to Eric Gorr and have him port it/mess with head for more mid-top end. He does great work.

Another thing, may wanna try to lean the jetting out a bit. I'm in Mass. too (sea level) and I have some motor work done to mine, but before I was running a 42 pilot and 148 main jet with just a pipe and lid removed, ran much better. :thumb:

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
ok, a pipe and reeds is definately something to think about... probably a gnarly rev. so beefking... what town ya from... Im from that little microscopic place called west bridgewater lol

Jim Crenca

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 18, 2001
Without a doubt the V- Force 2, RB Carb Mod and aftermarket pipe are the answers to the question of increasing "hit"
Start with CEK needle.

beefking

~SPONSOR~
Nov 12, 2002
Wow, small world...haha. I know exactly where W. Bridgewater is...I go to Bettencourt's almost every week. I'm in Sharon, about 2-3 towns over (next to Foxboro.)

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
LOL!... I dont even live a mile from bettencourts. I bet you drive by my street on the way to bettencourts lol. Whats your e mail address, or AIM, or AOL screen name? mabey we can meet up and ride.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
12 oz 'to gallons...' of gasoline? What does gallonS mean? A couple? Several? And you figure that to be 40/42:1? :think:

You might try properly jetting your bike....which I'm quite sure you haven't done.

But you DO have that cool rm front number plate! YeeHaW! That's gotta be good for a few ponies!

Couldn't resist (well didn't). This has all been covered before. Many times. Specifically in response to your thread entries. You might try some searches using nick 'KDXFreestyle'.........

Good luck! ;)

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Does 'five' work for 'ya? ;)

In any case, your math is off. You aren't running 'forty-anything':1

........a btw.

Cheers!

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
ill go check the can again... woops.. its 52:1