sharky_101

Mar 14, 2007
Hey guys first thread, I been searching and havent found anything completely relevant to my issue.
The bike ('92 kdx200) had been sitting for about a month after i last used it, and didn't want to go, all it did was ignite the mix and you heard a spitting sound. I ripped it apart and found commonly the left hand powervalve had snapped off in its bore, so i got new powervalve, seals, gaskets, piston, everything for a top-end thinking that would fix the problem and it does the exact same thing as before.
This happened a while ago while i was riding, and i brought it in thinking it'd cost me bucketloads, but they said they just replaced spark plug and it worked fine! I tried several spark plugs, I have spark, and its getting mixture because of the spitting sound when it ignites, and a bit of smoke comes out!
My question is, have you ever heard of this? and do you think its the carb even though the engines getting fuel and not starting at all?
Thanks in advance!

sharky_101

Mar 14, 2007
Cheers, I just put a brand new plug in and i got it to fire up and a hell of smoke came out, it quickly died again though. Now when I kick it over i get strong recoil on the kickstarter when it's at the point that it would normally go. Cheers by the way!

Top Bottom