hip66

Dec 28, 2007
Try to include the following info in your first post
1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
6' 1" 225
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? good rider
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? mx practice tracks, mx tracks
4) Do you have any riding experience? 24 years street on basically everything, 2nd year of dirt
5) Do you think you will race ? next year in 40+ class
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? yes
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? 4 stroke
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? yes all
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? $2500 to $3500
10) Do you live in California? no
11) Your age? 42
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion

Bought a 05 KDX200 last year that was new and has been a great bike to learn dirt; 1.5 seasons on it now. It is bone stock and has a really soft suspension, esp for my size. We find ourselves doing no trail riding but rather mx, the kids and I.

After reading about the 4 st bikes, buying used seems like a real roll of the dice, however, don't want to shell out $6 or $8k on a new bike at this point.

Considering all makes of 250s and 450s, which, for my purpose, will be a better bike for me?

Thanks!

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
At your size a 450 would be much less expensive to maintain. Though replacing parts damaged in a crash can get pricey as well as medical bills.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Depends on how you ride. If you are pretty fast you will find yourself wringing out the 250f alot. If that happens the engine will wear quickly. If you are, like me, a slow guy you could probly get away with a 250. However, at your size if you plan on getting serious into MX I would suggest you get a 450. It will be more durable than the 250. The suspension will be closer to what you need also.

Top Bottom