Rannoch

Dec 4, 2002
I may have the option to trade my dads XR200 for a KDX200.
Anyway, I've never had a two-stroke. I know KDX's are very reliable, and all that. I have some questions about them though.
Fouling plugs. How often does this happen? Why does it happen, and can I fix it with just some new jets (not a new needle)
Premix. How much $$$ does this add to the cost of gas? I've never even seen premix. My brother is *really* short on cash.

Uh.. I cant even think of any more questions. Please inform me about this whole two stroke business :) Anything specific to KDX's would be great.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Rannoch said:
Fouling plugs. How often does this happen? Why does it happen, and can I fix it with just some new jets (not a new needle)

A fouled plug usually results from poor jetting. It can also happen from prolonged low-speed operation, but this happens to 4-strokes too.

A bike that is properly jetted should not foul plugs.

Rannoch said:
Premix. How much $$$ does this add to the cost of gas? I've never even seen premix. My brother is *really* short on cash.

2 stroke oil costs as little as $2 to $3 per pint to $12 per pint. I use Mobil MX2T that costs $3 per pint. The cost of use will be a factor of the cost of the oil, as well as the ratio you are running. My $3 pint, mixed at 32:1, costs $0.75 per gallon.

Rannoch said:
Uh.. I cant even think of any more questions. Please inform me about this whole two stroke business :) Anything specific to KDX's would be great.

Read through the KDX archive, everything you need to know is in there.

Top Bottom