dbc105

Mar 5, 2007
well I have been looking at bikes and still reading on this board. I have done a good bit of riding since my last question on which bike to replace my PE400 the KDX or the RMX and after my last post I felt the RMX was the way to go(since I can't afford a new KTM300 with electric start) so I started looking. I have found a couple of RMXs and a KDX220 and KDX200. last post I just ask about the bikes and got a lot of good data, I did not mention where I would be riding. most of my riding will be in the woods at Westpoint, Tn. I read post in this forum about 200 & 220s that grunt up the hills and you can hardly stall and wonder if it is the better woods bike and maybe the RMX is better overall.

all input will be appreciated.
thanks,
DC

iamdawalru5

Apr 26, 2006
both have increased flywheel mass stock, so both are already pretty tough to stall. I think that if like me, you are on a budget, you should go with the nicest and most well maintained for the money(that you can of course afford). Obviously the condition, year, upgrades, and your standpoint on the handling and ergos all fit in. I know a kid with a kdx200 and raves about how comfortable it is. My neighbor who is an experienced racer picked up an rmx250 to get back into racing a few years ago, and had no complaints. He did however always tell me "its just a trail bike." He eventually had to get something newer and faster to compete, but bottom line look for the deals for a maintained machine.

Alex

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
I've had versions of both, and certainly have my preference between the two. Yet only you can finally decide what is most applicable to your conditions. To summarize, if you will be in 1st-2nd gear most of the time, get a KDX. For all others (2nd-5th), the RMX.

ebeck

Dec 13, 2006
yeah, I hear your dilema. Don't forget the WR250 too. It is probably the best of the options. I wanted the length stability of the MX bikes, plus the ergos are alot better. I opted for the besst of both worlds. A KDX motor with a KX125 chasis and KX250 suspension. all done through ebay.

Oh, the $60 RB head mod makes it rev alot faster and alot snappier like an MX'er.

Good luck with the decision!

picture013mediumey2.jpg

picture015smallbr6.jpg

Top Bottom