KDX240 or KDX200

killeronadkx

Dec 20, 2003
I was going to buy an "04" KDX240, but was wondering other than a lower price what about the KDX200? Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Randy

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
KDX240?
Does that replace the 220? Haven't seen that one. :think:

killeronadkx

Dec 20, 2003
Originally posted by killeronadkx
I was going to buy an "04" KDX240, but was wondering other than a lower price what about the KDX200? Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Randy
Sorry but I was refrencing a KDX220 but typed KDX240......Whoops

john_bilbrey

Mar 22, 2003
I just got a leftover '03 220 a while back. I had the same questions you did. Basically it comes down to your riding style - coming off of a ATK 260 I had to make some adjustments to my style of riding. No more screaming it up top, just ride a gear or two taller than you're used to and hang on-I'm actually faster on this bike than I was on the ATK, even though the ATK had more HP. The pull of the 220 down low is 4 stroke like, seriously. I ditched the airbox lid and added a FMF PCII silencer, and changed the jetting. It needs a FMF Gnarly Desert to open the top end up a little, and I'll quit there, I promise ;) Maybe I'll add the Boysen reeds to it as well to crispen up the bottom end throttle response a little.
Either way you go you won't be disappointed. Look for a leftover '03 - no difference in the bike vs. an '04, and you can probably still get a smokin' deal on one.

killeronadkx

Dec 20, 2003
Thanks for the tips..... I work at a shop and we have a 220 "04" model that I can get a smokin deal on..... I have been told by friends that ride all 4 strokes that I will not be able to ride it much longer in Calif. and probable wont be able to get into the parks now..... I hope this is not true, if anybody knows, please let me know...
Thanks
Randy

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…