trevor morgan

Mar 15, 2005
Since March 05 I have owned an ancient KDX250 91 to use on motocross practise tracks at the weekends. I used to ride competively but that was 20 years ago, I needed something cheap (due to mortgage and kids) to get me back into the sport and the KDX came along. I rode it for a few weeks until the confidence came back (I don't bounce like I used to) then I was after more power. I considered changing the bike but then I found this site and I must say how helpful its been. I found all the information invaluable, I've changed the jetting, exhaust pipe, throttle slide, air filter, head gasket, moded tail pipe, KX head gasket, gearing and more all at the same time with only the info from this site and what a difference. I can now keep up with the big 4 strokes now and the front wheel is aloft even in 4th on acceleration. It surprises most people at the meets who have nearly new expensive bikes and this old relic is right up their backside. Thanks for all who have posted info on the KDX250 over the years!

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
:cool: Great! The bike was not well dialed in by Kawasaki, and got no love from the magazines or the general public.

The KDX250 really benefits from some motor and suspension tuning. I really enjoyed mine.

Top Bottom