gnaden

Jul 5, 2002
Hello All, l am living in Brunei and have a 92 KDX250SR. My KIPS consists of only the 2 smaller sub valves with no main exhaust valve. l have recently replated the cylinder and am replacing the exhaust valves. The manual l have is not specific for the SR version and shows a main exhaust valve. lf l set up the valves as per this manual ie cut away tooth aligning with the groove on the rack, at low rpm one valve is fully closed and the other is fully open ! l dont think this is correct. Can anyone help me with setting up the exhaust valves on the SR version.

gnaden

Jul 5, 2002
Thanks for you reply, l checked out the link however my KDX250SR does not have a main exhaust valve, the sub port valves are the same.

gnaden

Jul 5, 2002
Yes, it just has the two small sub ports only, my problem is that when l align the valves with the index line on the rack then one valve is full open and the other is fully closed !

boyo

May 12, 2003
Hi, I am Robert from Hungary, I have a 93er 250 SR.
It is easy: normally the valves are closed, so, twist the one which is open untill it is closed ( pull out -twist-push back ). After this simply pull out the rod on the right side of the cylinder - the valves should open.

Top Bottom