theroyz71

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2003
Is the kdx50 a good bike or not. I am getting mixed reviews. Mostly pro Yamaha and Honda versus the Kawasaki. What about any performance tricks for the 50. Not looking to race it just hear that the power is off compared to the Honda.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
KDX50 is the same as the JR50 - great little bikes, can't go wrong with either. :thumb:

Honda does not have a two stroke mini - Yamahas pee-wee 50 is in the same league as the KDX/JR50 0 all great little starter bikes.

DoubleTrouble

May 26, 2000
We have both. My daughter (6) rides an XR50 and my son (4) the KDX50.

After taking out the restrictor my son blasted away screaming his head off. It's a quick little bike. The XR50 is slightly more high tech with a pro-link suspension and bigger than the KDX. It goes like a bomb and is virtually bullet-proof. The XR50 also has a 3 speed gearbox with auto-clutch. The KDX is a single speed, with neutral, and a centrafugal clutch.

The reason why I did not get the PW50 are the mag rims and no neutral. You kick start it in gear on the center stand.

theroyz71

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2003
Thank you for the replies. I am feeling much better about my choice. As soon as he is comfortable, I'm going to remove the restrictor. BTW, that green sure is pretty. :)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom