ysr89

Dec 4, 2007
Hey guys. Ijust picked up a 1979 Kawasaki KE125. I pulled the top end, and I need to replace the piston/rings. the top of the piston is stamped with the number 100. I thought it might mean its a 1st oversize piston, but there is no decimal point to make it 1.00 I think standard pistons are marked STD, but im not sure. I know someone has been in the top end, because they thought it was a good idea to use liquid gasket in place of a cylinder base gasket. Any help would be appreciated in identifying the piston. Thanks!

bikegnome

Mar 7, 2008
hey ysr89,

easiest way to be sure is to measure the piston. Your KE should have a STD bore of 56mm so if you measure 57 then you know that 100 means 1mm over (which i think it is.) My '81 KE has a 50 stamped on the piston and it measures 56.5 which is obviously 0.5 over.

it's always best to measure than to try and guess based on markings we don't understand.

ysr89

Dec 4, 2007
Hey, I hear you. It turns out the bike is a 1974 KS125. I'm just going to send the cylinder I have to be bored. I know someone who found a .80 piston for it. So I'll do that. Thanks, though!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom